The Association “Friends of Academia Engelberg” aims to support and promote the Academia Engelberg Foundation and maintain contacts among its members. The association is non-profit and exempt from taxes.
With their commitment the members of the association support the Foundation Academia Engelberg in the setting and establishment of their annual activities. The members also promote the transfer of scientific knowledge to the industry and society.
The Members of “Friends of the Academia Engelberg” have the opportunity to discuss with experts from science, business, society and politics about scientific and socio-political issues at regular events.
They also benefit from the transfer of knowledge and from the network platform at the dialogue of science. In this way, the members of the association receive a wide range of opportunities to meet and develop their network into personalities from business, science, society and politics.
What is the effect of your membership?
With your commitment, you support the Academia Engelberg Foundation in its various activities. In this way you will bring Central Switzerland to an international and national level in the field of science and society policy.
You also encourage young people (students and young scientists) to participate in the Summer School and the annual conference of the Academia Engelberg Foundation. In doing so, you promote the inter-generational dialogue and you benefit from the ideas of the future scientific elite.
We are committed!
The board of “Friends of the Academia Engelberg” consists of the following personalities:
- Martha Bächler, Director Location Promotion in Obwalden
- Dr. Hans Hess, former State Councilor Obwalden (President)
- Bruno Frick, former member of the canton of Schwyz
- Franz Kappeler, former Chief Financial Officer, CSS Insurance
- Gabrielle von Büren-von Moos, Lawyer and Pharmacist, Meggen
- Yvonne von Deschwanden, former Government Councillor Nidwalden, Buochs
- Cornelia Wüthrich, Sekretariat Verein Freunde Academia Engelberg
Become a member of the association
Members of the “Friends of the Academia Engelberg” can become natural persons as well as legal persons from Central Switzerland.
With the membership, the members of the association support the constructive dialogue on burning, sustainable topics and help to raise their awareness of societal problems.
- Individual members CHF 500
- Smaller companies CHF 1’000
- Larger companies CHF 2’000
- Foundations, service clubs, associations CHF 1’000
- Membership in the business club * CHF 3’000
* Additional invitation to special events
Membership fees are fixed annually at the Annual General Meeting. The association is non-profit and exempt from taxes. Membership fees can be deducted for tax purposes.
CH32 0077 9000 2565 7210 0
Freunde ACADEMIA ENGELBERG
Phone +41 41 280 99 72